- #1 - Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- #2 - Bernard Hopkins
- #3 - Wladimir Klitschko
- #4 - Andre Ward
- #5 - Sergio Martinez
- #6 - Manny Pacquiao
- #7 - Carl Froch
- #8 - Gennady Golovkin
- #9 - Guillermo Rigondeaux
- #10-Juan Manuel Marquez
Pound-For-Pound rankings were established to determine if a fighter, who is paramount in his weight class, is also superior when compared to other fighters atop their own respective weight divisions. How did I formulate these current rankings? It is comprised of careful observation, analysis and evaluation through the years on four specific criteria:
1) Quality of Opposition - What level of competition has each fighter faced?
2) Performance Level - How did the fighter fare against the various styles he encountered?
3) Age - Did the fighter defeat his opponents while they were in the prime of their careers?
4) Significance of a Loss - If a fighter lost, how did he lose? Was it via decision or knockout? Did he sustain a loss at the hands of high-quality competition? Was he at the peak of his career when he suffered a defeat?