Boxing Ledger's Archives

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Guerrero, Porter & Lane Win By Knockout

In a welterweight showdown, Philadelphia's Lanard Lane remained undefeated (10-0, 7 KO's) after scoring a blazing 2nd round TKO over Said El Harrak (8-1, 3 KO's). Lane came out explosive in the 1st round and was relentless, throwing and landing right hand leads. El Harrak was looking to land his right, but never hit Lane flush. Lane connected with a series of rights and left hooks to the head. Then, Lane floored El Harrak with a hard overhand right. El Harrak was dazed, but continued to fight. El Harrak took another clean right from Lane. After that, Lane scored another knockdown when he connected again with his overhand right. Somehow, El Harrak managed to hold on and make it into round two. However, Lane would end it quickly. Early in the 2nd round, Lane utilized his jab. He continued to hit El Harrak with left hooks to the head and rights to the body. Next, Lane jabbed to the body and swifty fired another right to Harrak's head. As he lunged forward with a right and missed with a left hook, the referee stopped the fight at 1:38.

Showtime's Steve Farhood and Antonio Tarver felt that the referee had stopped the bout too soon. I disagree with them because Lane was repeatedly hitting El Harrak with very clean, accurate punches. Sometimes, a fighter can show great heart and a strong chin, but is still taking damaging shots. El Harrak was just getting hit too often and it was only a matter of time before Lane would be victorious.

Porter TKO's Patterson in 4th round

In a junior middleweight bout, Shawn Porter stopped Jamar Patterson in the 4th round. Heading into the fight, Shawn Porter had an edge in amateur experience with 276 fights to Patterson's 50. Porter also had a superior edge in hand speed, which combined with his aggression, was just too much for Patterson to overcome.

Porter attacked Patterson furiously from the opening bell. Toward the end of the 1st round, Porter landed an overhand right and consecutive left hooks. However, Patterson showed he could take a rock-solid punch. In the 2nd round, Porter jabbed and was more fluid with his combination punching. The combinations overwhelmed Patterson, but he fought courageously. In round three, Patterson suffered a cut above his right eye, as Porter continued to beat him to the punch. Porter was hitting Patterson with left uppercuts, jabs and overhand rights in round four. Porter feinted and connected with a hard, lunging left hook that dropped Patterson flat on his back. Patterson got up, but Porter continued his assault. Porter nailed him with consecutive left hooks to the head and the referee stopped the bout.

Porter, a 22 year old Ohio native, lived up to his nickname "Showtime" by winning impressively. He remains unbeaten at (12-0, 10 KO's) and is scheduled to face Damian Frias in Cleveland, Ohio on February 19, 2010. Jamar Patterson falls to (8-1, 4 KO's). Polo Double Black By Ralph Lauren For Men. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 oz

 Guerrero Stops Nicklow

23 year old Fernando Guerrero (17-0, 14 KO's) remained undefeated, stopping the brave and bold Jessie "The Beast" Nicklow (19-2-2, 7 KO's) in the 4th round in ShoBox's main event. A southpaw, Guerrero used his edge in hand speed to batter Nicklow with sharp, accurate punches. Nicklow attempted to work the body, but he had a rough time because Guerrero could counter him so instantly. Nicklow was stunned by a big right hook from Guerrero in the 2nd round. Also, in the 2nd round, Guerrero was walking Nicklow down with his high volume of punches. However, Nicklow was daring and tried to time Guerrero right after he unleashed his punches. Nevertheless, Guerrero kept coming at Nicklow, landing a series of rights and lefts to the body and connecting with a vicious left uppercut. Then, Guerrero trapped Nicklow in the corner and tagged him with brutal right hooks and straight lefts to the head. Nicklow had a durable chin, but it was getting tested often.

In the 4th round, Nicklow was about to throw a punch and slightly dropped his left hand. Guerrero timed Nicklow perfectly with a monstrous right hook that sent him down and into the ropes. Nicklow got up, but just kept absorbing punishing right hooks and straight lefts. After peppering Nicklow with a ton of clean shots, Guerrero appeared to momentarily punch himself out. Yet, Guerrero continued to pound Nicklow with right hooks and straight lefts that prompted the referee to stop the fight at 2:09 of the 4th round.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your blogging. May I take this opportunity to thank you for your support to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Keep warm and safe.